If you’ve ever read my blog, even if it was accidentally one time for 3 minutes 7 months ago, you are likely aware of my obsession with NBC’s 30Rock.
In my opinion, this show has revived the scripted television comedy, my favorite genre of programming, all the while solidifying that women are indeed funny and white wine with sprite and ice cubes is a legitimate beverage.
So it was definitely a dream chore to create a menu for my 30Rock season premiere party. I ended up making…
- Pimento Night Cheese
- Liz Not Lemons (clementines)
- Somebody Bring Me Some Ham Sandwiches
- Shut It Down Pecan Pie
Homemade Cheesy Blasters, Pregnant Cornbread, fried rice without the peas and rice, sandwiches with extra chuckle and Peanut Butter and Miller High Life saltwater taffy sadly didn’t make the cut.
- 4 ounces of drained and diced pimentos
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise, preferably Duke’s
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1lb of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Mix that all together in a bowl with a wooden spoon and BLAMO, you’ve got pimento cheese.
Now if you would excuse me, I’ll be in my kitchen trying to have it all.